Cookies and similar technologies, however, do not allow the systematic collection of data that could identify the users of our website. They only help us to improve the operation of our website, to understand the interests of our users and to measure how effective our website content is.
Wha is a Cookie? A cookie is a small text and number file we store on your browser or on the hard drive of your computer. This way, we can remember your preferences when you use our website.
Types of cookies Cookies can be subdivided according to their origin, function and lifespan:
- First party cookies are cookies that are placed by a website that is currently being visited by the user (for example, cookies placed by www.psmlighting.be).
- Third party cookies are cookies placed by a different domain name than the website visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a third party places a cookie through that website, then this is a third party cookie (for example, cookies placed by Google, Twitter and Facebook).
- Functional cookies are cookies that enable the website to function properly (for example, cookies for login or registration, language preferences). Functional cookies are logically first party cookies.
- Non-functional cookies are cookies that can be placed for statistical, social, targeting and commercial purposes. They have nothing to do with the purely technical support of the website. Cookies with statistical purposes allow you to identify which pages of the website you visit, where your computer is located, etc. Cookies with social purposes enable the user to share the content of the visited website directly with others via social media. Targeting cookies allow you to build a profile based on your surfing behaviour so that the advertisements shown are tailored to your interests. Cookies with commercial purposes keep track of how many and which advertisements have been shown to a user. Non-functional cookies can be first party or third party cookies.
- Persistent cookies remain on the user's device for the duration specified in the cookie. They are activated each time the user visits the website that has placed this cookie (for example, cookies placed by social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Google Analytics, etc.). Most non-functional cookies are persistent cookies.
- Session cookies allow us to simplify and link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser screen and ends when he closes the browser screen. Session cookies are placed temporarily. As soon as you close your browser, all session cookies are deleted. Most functional cookies are session cookies.
To withdraw your consent at any time, you can delete your cookies using your browser settings. For further information about how to delete or block cookies, please visit the following website: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
Changing your browser settings Please note that web browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings can usually be found under the 'Options' or 'Preferences' menu of your web browser. To better understand these settings, the following links may be useful. If not, please consult the 'Help' function in your web browser for more details.
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer Cookie settings in Firefox Cookie settings in Chrome Cookie settings in Safari
More information about cookies Information about cookies: Useful information about cookies can be found here: https://gdpr.eu/cookies/
Internet Advertising Bureau: The interest group of digital marketers has produced a guide to online behavioural advertising and online privacy that can be found here:https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
What cookies do we use on the “www.psmlighting.be” website? For cookies placed by third parties (including Google Analytics) please refer to the statements given by these parties on their respective websites. Please note that we do not have any influence on the content of these statements or on the content of the cookies of these third parties.